Friday, February 17, 2017

Miracle Hour

My brothers Joe and Paul, sisters Cathy and Ann with Grams Furnare
I just found this draft I wrote nearly 2 years ago...

Dear Diary,
Yesterday I was having a frustrating morning... trying to get the kids ready for school, eat, get dressed, back packs ready and out the door.  Little Jess was pushing my limits not wanting to cooperate and fighting me every step of the way.  I was so frustrated and lost my patience.  By the time I dropped her off, I had apologized for losing my temper but was still ashamed of the way I behaved.  I hurt her little spirit inside.  I called my Grams, she's 91 and wonderful!  She always makes me smile!  I told her what had happened and that I said a prayer after dropping off the girls.  Grams asked me if I knew about the miracle hour and said that at 3 o'clock daily to stop and say a prayer.  Christ died at the 3 o'clock hour.  Ask the Lord anything or give thanks while praying and spending a few quiet moments with the Lord.  For at that moment mercy is opened wide for every soul.  In this hour you can obtain everything for yourself and for others.  Christ wants us to ask for his mercy, in fact, he delights in it!  He wants us to share our intentions, our problems, our heaviness, our loved ones, our fears and our worries in his endless goodness and draw near to his loving and forgiving heart during the powerful hour that recalls his death.  Along with this, he also wants us to put our trust in his love. 
Let us take advantage of his special invitation to meet him daily anytime during the 3 o'clock hour, if only for a minute to share, reflect, pray and honor our Lord Jesus Christ. 

No comments:

Post a Comment