Thursday, April 2, 2015

TBT Our Trip To Bali

Dear Diary,
I was reminiscing about my 1999 trip to Bali with Jeff.  We'd been together a year when he left early for a surfing boat trip.  I joined him a week later for 10 days of beach, sun, shopping, exploring and falling in love.  Although these pictures are somewhat grainy and old, I love them because they make my memories vivid.  It's a nice feeling to reflect and look back at a time when things were new and exciting.  Bali is magical.  It blends spectacular mountain scenery and beautiful beaches with warm and friendly people, a vibrant culture and serene beautiful resorts.  I loved our stay at the Nikko Hotel and day trips to Uluwatu, Nusa Dua, Dreamland, Kuta and Padang Padang.  We went back once shortly after Josette was born and I dream about the day we return.  Awe, to be young and carefree again... I don't want to go back in time, just to try and have that same mindset... open, curious, carefree and adventurous.  I'm very grateful for my past travels and experiences and so glad to have shared them with the one I love!


An afternoon in Kuta Beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment